Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oh my, what an expected treat!!!

WOW, is all I can say.  What a surprise and treat we had this morning.  After watching a most fantastic fireworks display last night, (Balloon Fiesta fireworks, which were about the biggest, best, brightest I've ever seen, even from 5 miles away) from the fence line of our campground, we went to bed around 9 pm.  We woke up a bit early and decided to just stay in our jammies and go do some computering.  We didn't have anything pressing to do this morning.  We're meeting Mr. C's folks around 11 for brunch at Sandia Casino Buffet, so the morning was ours to just relax and do nuthin', if we so choose. 

Suddenly we heard a huge whooshing noise, Mr. C says, "Is that the wind?"  I didn't know, but it quit.  We heard the noise a couple more times and finally I raised the blinds a bit (remember, we were still in PJs and didn't have the blinds open yet) and found out what the noise was:  It was the whoosh of the "burners" heating the balloons that were going right over our campground!!!  Wheee, these first two were taken out of the window over our couch (for those of you who know how our fifth wheel is set up), with our neighbor's trailer in the lower left hand corner. 
You can see how close they were.  So, I quickly threw on pants, put on my jacket (no shirt, just the jacket) and zipped it up and out the door I ran, in my slippers, camera in hand.  There were balloons all around us, over us, beside us, landing in the field just outside the campground, one in the street that goes to our campground.  What a beautiful sight, the sun shining brightly and balloons, balloons, EVERYWHERE.

I ran back to the trailer and hollered for Mr. C to get some pants on and come out and see. . .   Then I started walking towards the fence by the road and here are some more balloon pictures to show you what I saw: 

  The shark was in the air, so was baby bee (and I didn't realize yesterday, the reason baby bee has a special seat is because his pilot is handicapped and uses a hanging chair since he can't get into or stand in a basket).  Our campground neighbors who are crew to some of the balloons were filling us in.  What a fantastic reminder to not accept our limitations as hard and fast rules.

What a very special unexpected treat, after the fabulous fireworks last night, we figured that was the last we'd hear/see of the Balloon Fiesta.  I couldn't believe they were so close and so many, seems like even more than yesterday. 

Well, that really made my day a special one.  I ran inside, got dressed completely and immediately sat down to share this wonderful treat with you.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.  Smiles, Sue C


  1. What a lovely way to start your day. And they were so close. So happy for you and thanks again for sharing this with all of us. Love you and safe trip tomorrow.

  2. I will try to get over to Dad's to show him the pics.
    That was a good morning surprise. Thanks for sharing! ILY!