Sunday, January 3, 2010

On a Roll

Wow, I'm impressed, with myself, I've actually done two posts in a row.  We started our day at 4 am in -4*F weather, with a trip to O'Hare Airport to drop off the last of our adult Selkirk Rex cats for Shipment to Sunny Southern California.  Except for the last two litters of kittens, we are now completely out of the Cat showing and breeding hobby.  Now I can get busy with my Polymer Clay addiction, again.
                                    What do I have on my table now?

I'm making beads and focal pieces from my Christmas PC Leftovers.














Last year I made this necklace which was a take-off from a Julie Picarello "Lizard Tail" technique that I took a step further to make the rolled beads to go with it.









At a much later date I realized they are similar to Oven Fried Beads "Stacker Beads", although again, I have a slightly different twist to them, also.




These items are fun and relaxing to make and a great use for PC Leftovers when I get tired of making Swirly Beads.   So, my time for blogging is at an end for today, and I've finished my "to do list" for today, also, so off to have some more fun.  Sue C

5 comments:

  1. I like the twisty "beads" = very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too, they are a lot of fun to make, other than color, you don't know what they will look like until the final cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your current table reminds me of your table at a certain Jana workshop that we took together! How fun! We really have to get together again - somehow, someday. I love your blog! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jackie. I'd enjoy claying with you again. Next time I'm even close to you is for Clay Carnival in Las Vegas, next November. Sure wish Mr.C was already retired, then we'd be traveling all over the country. For now, vacation time is limited, though. Hugs

    ReplyDelete